Monday, March 22, 2010

Good Old Fashioned Pancakes

I was in the mood for pancakes this morning. But I looked in my pantry and didn't have any pancake mixes! So I looked for a recipe and found this one. I never felt the need to make pancakes from scratch. Why should I when its easier to use the mix, right? Well, I couldn't believe how easy it was to make this. Its as easy and delicious as pouring the mix out of the box and adding milk/water and eggs. They come out so soft and fluffy, maybe I won't use the box anymore.

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 1/4 cup milk
1 egg
3 Tbsp. butter, melted

1) In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add milk, egg, and melted butter. Mix until smooth.

2) Heat a lightly oiled/buttered griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Scoop batter into griddle. Brown on both sides and serve hot with butter and maple/pancake syrup.

No comments: