Friday, April 23, 2010

Spinach Dip

Tomorrow's my daughter's 2nd birthday. I can't believe she's 2 now. I can still remember every moment at the hospital when I gave birth to her. Last year, we went all out for her 1st birthday party. Pinatas, baloons, pony and all. I decided to make it smaller this year and have it at an indoor playground just to have the kids over. For food, I decided on quick things to eat. I didn't want to slave over the stove, so we ordered pretty much everything from some of our favorite places. I also wanted to make my Banana Squares and this Spinach dip to munch on chips with.

I learned this recipe from my cousin, ate Jhune, who made this for my college graduation party over 11 years ago. I've made this dip often and came to realize that this recipe can also be found on the back of the packaging of the Knorr spring vegetable soup mix packet. lol! Nevertheless, its a recipe that definitely shouldn't be passed up. A food processor will be very useful for this recipe. You can serve this as is or to put a special touch, serve in a sourdough bread bowl.

10 oz package of spinach, finely chopped
3 stalks green onions, finely chopped
8 oz can whole water chestnuts, finely chopped
1 package of Knorr Spring Vegetable soup mix
16 oz sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise

1) Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until well blended. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Serve with tortilla chips, vegetable sticks, or crusty bread.

No comments: