I bought another cookbook over the weekend. Its one of those monthly cookbooks you find at the register in the supermarket. This one is a Betty Crocker Cupcakes and more cookbook. I found lots of cool ideas for making desserts. Including this one. Hubby loves banana desserts. I have a Banana Split pie recipe that he loves, but I haven't made it in awhile. And this recipe reminds me of it. This one gets a plus from hubby and I think it tastes really awesome too.
1/2 cup cold butter
1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 package cream cheese, softened
1 can condensed milk
1 tub frozen whipped topping
1 box instant banana pudding mix
3 medium ripe bananas, sliced
1) Preheat oven to 375 deg F. Grease 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
2) In a medium bowl, cut butter into cookie mix until mixture is crumbly. Set aside 3/4 cup of the mixture. Mix egg in remaining mixture until well incorporated. Press crumbs evenly in bottom of dish. Bake bake for 13-15 minutes until edges are light golden brown. Cool completely.
3) In another 13 x 9 pan, place the reserved crumbs in a thin layer. Bake for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally or until light golden brown. Cool completely.
4) In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add condensed milk and beat until well blended. Beat in whipped topping until smooth. Add pudding mix and continue to beat for an additional 2 minutes.
5) Spread 1/3 of the pudding mix onto cooled cookie base. Arrange banana slices in a single layer over pudding. Top with remaining pudding mix. Refrigerate 10 minutes until set. Sprinkle cookie crumbs over pudding.