Monday, December 20, 2010

Herbed Turkey Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce



I came across this recipe from Annie's Eats and it got me missing Thanksgiving. With Christmas Day fast approaching, I'm starting to feel a little bummed that the holidays would soon be over. So I decided to make this today to somehow take me back to a month ago, Thanksgiving. Because after today, I'll be starting my Christmas preparations.

This dish gave me all the flavors of Thanksgiving, without the hassle and stress of preparing a full Thanksgiving meal. This will definitely be my go-to meal when I crave a Thanksgiving meal.

1 Tbsp. butter
1/3 cup onions, finely chopped
1/3 cup celery, finely chopped
1 lb. ground turkey
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 large egg
2 tsp. minced thyme
2 tsp. fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. minced rosemary
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
cranberry sauce

1) Preheat oven to 425 deg F and lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.

2) Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery and cook just until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.

3) In a large mixing bowl, mix together celery/onion mixture with the remaining ingredients (except cranberry sauce) until well combined. Form the mixture into evenly sized balls, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place meatballs, evenly spaced, on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Serve warm with Cranberry Sauce and mashed potatoes.

No comments: