Monday, July 12, 2010

No-Fuss Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese



We were in Vegas this weekend and so I haven't been able to make a trip to the grocery store. We don't really have much in the fridge and I'm too lazy to go out and buy anything. But I still have to feed my daughter. So I took out my crockpot cookbook and found this quick recipe. The ingredients are everything I have in my fridge and it cooks for only 2-3 hours - which is the amount of time my daughter naps for before lunch. It came out rather dry, but the flavors were there. This probably won't be a frequent dish I'd make, but its good to know that I have a quick Mac & Cheese recipe I can make in case of an emergency.

2 cups uncooked pasta
4 ounces light pasteurized processed cheese, cubed
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 1/2 cup skim milk

1) Combine macaroni, cheeses, salt and pepper in crockpot. Pour milk over mixture. Cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring after the first 20-30 minutes.


No comments: