Another pasta dish I love at the Cheesecake Factory is the Louisiana Chicken Pasta. Creamy, crunchy, and a bit spicy makes a perfect combination. So I was stoked to come across this recipe from a blog I encountered, The Piggly Wiggly. Its a copycat to the Cheesecake Factory recipe and tastes just as awesome. Making this dish required a few steps, but it was pretty easy to make. I had most of the ingredients on hand, so I was really excited to try out this recipe for dinner tonight. I got a thumbs up from hubby, daughter, and you can also add my 2 thumbs up as well.
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
3/4 of a small onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup chicken broth
4 Tbsp. fresh basil, thinly sliced
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
12 oz package pasta, cooked according to instructions
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
4 Tbsp. all purpose flour
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup milk
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1) To prepare the sauce: Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers and onion and cook for about 4 minutes.
2) Add garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for about 3 minutes.
3) Add cream and chicken stock. Simmer sauce until it slightly thickens, about 5 minutes.
4) Add basil and Parmesan cheese. Stir until thoroughly incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer until sauce is reduced and thickened (approximately the amount of time it takes to cook the chicken)
5) To prepare the chicken: Season chicken with creole seasoning. Pound the chicken until thin.
6) Combine breadcrumbs, flour and Parmesan cheese in a deep dish. Place milk in another deep dish.
7) Dip flattened chicken in bread crumbs, then in the milk, and back in the breadcrumbs.
8) Heat oil in a frying pan to medium-high and cook chicken on each side until golden brown. Drain chicken on a paper towel and keep warm.
9) Add cream sauce to the pasta and toss to coat. Serve on a platter and place chicken on top of the pasta. Top with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.