Friday, February 24, 2012

Crab Cakes


A couple of months ago, I bought a huge container of Chicken of the Sea Crab Meat from Costco, with the plan of making stuffed mushrooms for New Year's Eve. But things got kind of hectic and I didn't have time to make it. So the crab meat sat in the refrigerator. The expiration date is nearing, so I had to use it up fast. And since it is Lenten Friday, I figured it was the perfect time to use up this seafood.

I got this recipe for the container of crab meat and it came out so good. I served it with Creole sauce and hubby really liked it. If crab meat wasn't so expensive, I'd be making this dish often.

1 (16 oz) cup Crab Meat
1 beaten egg
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. dry mustard powder
1 tsp. creole seasoning
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
3/4 cup bread crumbs
Creole Sauce

1) In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except crab meat and bread crumbs. Stir until well incorporated. Add crab to the mixture and continue stirring until thoroughly incorporated. Gently fold in bread crumbs. Form into desired size patties. Pan fry on both sides until golden brown. Serve with creole sauce or aioli.

No comments: