Thursday, December 10, 2009

Crockpot Korean Short Ribs


Okay, so I think I've almost practically made everything Korean........Korean BBQ short ribs, Korean BBQ-style soup and now Korean short ribs. One of my co-workers brought some braised Korean short ribs to our Thanksgiving potluck and it was a huge hit. So we all asked her how she made it. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to write it down. I do remember, though, that she cooked it on the stove top for a few hours. I decided to try making it on my handy dandy crockpot and found this recipe. I first tried making this recipe with some boneless beef short rib. I came home to a charred crockpot. I guess without the bones on the short ribs, it doesn't make for a moist dish, so it dried out. This time, I bought the short ribs with bone and all. The beef came out so tender and it fell right off the bone. Yummy! I love Korean ribs!

4 to 4 1/4 lbs. beef short ribs
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup beef broth
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. sesame oil

1) Place beef ribs on the bottom of the crockpot. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Pour over the ribs and cook on low for 8 hours. Serve over rice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks yummy!!