Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

Its my daughter's first trip to the Happiest Place on Earth - Disneyland. We're all excited, especially because its been a while since hubby and I visited. I think its been about 3 years. But its always been a dream of ours to, of course, take our child here. So it was quite an emotional visit for both me and hubby yesterday. And because it is my daughter's visit, we mainly went on the kiddie rides - the carousel, Dumbo, Snow White, its a small world, Pooh Bear rides. I was also excited about the foods I will be enjoying during this trip.

For lunch, we made reservations at the Blue Bayou restaurant. Its the restaurant you see inside the Pirates of the Carribean ride. They serve a cajun/creole menu, which I absolutely love. They don't have much on their lunch menu - Jambalaya, crab cakes, beef short ribs, chicken, and the monte cristo sandwich. But all entrees come with a salad or this delicious chicken gumbo, which I had:


It was so good that hubby is requesting I find a similar recipe so I can start making it too. For our main course, we ordered the Jambalaya, the beef short ribs, and I had the Monte Cristo sandwich

It came with a side of steamed brocollini and white asparagus, on top of scalloped potatoes. It also had a side of a sweet sauce that I couldn't figure out what it was made of, but it really went well with the sandwich. I've seen this dish on TV and have always wanted to try it but haven't found a restaurant to order it from. I was delighted to find out that they had it here at the Blue Bayou restaurant. Hubby and I ordered each a plate and I'm so glad we did. It was awesome and there was so much of it that we had enough to share with the rest of our party and take the rest back to our hotel room.

This morning we had reservations for breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. A buffet breakfast with Goofy and some of his pals. My daughter was so excited to see some of Disney's characters having breakfast with us. So much so, that she actually had a good meal. I say "good" because breakfast is usually a few bites here and there. But she actually ate a lot of what was on her plate. I don't blame her though. Breakfast was delicious! This was what my first plate looked like:

Complete with Mickey Mouse waffles! I so love this place. My daughter especially loved the waffles. I think I had 2 or 3 more plates after this one. And we managed to take a few photos with some of the disney characters in the restaurant. It was a nice end to our weekend trip to the happiest place on earth.


No comments: