Monday, February 22, 2010

Crockpot Philly Cheesesteak


I love Cheesesteaks. I've never made it from scratch. I used to just take roast beef slices and sautee them with onions, bell peppers and mushrooms and they came out really good. When I saw this in my crockpot cookbook, I wanted to give it a try. It came out very flavorful and really good. Hubby said it looked like restaurant quality. I topped it with some leftover cheese sauce I used for my macaroni and cheese and served with a side of fries.

2 lbs. round steak, sliced
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
4 onions, sliced
2 green bell peppers, sliced
1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp. black pepper
1/2 cup water
2 tsp. beef bouillon granules
crusty Italian or French rolls
cheddar cheese slices, or cheese sauce

1) Combine steak, butter, onions, bell peppers, garlic powder, black pepper and salt in the crockpot. Stir.

2) Whisk together water and bouillon in small bowl; pour into crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until tender.

3) Remove meat mixture and place on rolls. Top with cheddar cheese or cheese sauce.

No comments: