Sunday, October 3, 2010

Chocolate Banana Wontons



I've heard of a food truck called Dumpling Station. I haven't been able to catch up to it, but their menu looked yummy. What especially caught my eye was their Chocolate Banana Wontons. What a great idea! I'm in a chocolate-banana fix lately after making my Chocolate Banana Stuffed French Toast for breakfast this morning. I remember seeing Giada de Laurentiis make a similar version of Chocolate Banana Wontons. Here's my quick and easy version. This was so yummy. Make this one because it'll definitely impress and is made in a jiffy.

wonton wrappers
banana slices
chocolate hazelnut spread
oil for frying
confectioner's sugar for garnish

1) Pour enough oil in a deep frying pan so that it is about 1-2 inches deep. Heat on medium heat.

2) In the middle of a wonton wrapper, place a banana slice. Top with with a teaspoon of chocolate hazelnut spread. Dampen the edges of the wrapper with water. Fold wrapper over chocolate banana and seal the edges together. Deep fry until golden brown. Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Dust with confectioner's sugar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chich, you're making me fat just be looking at these photos of your wonderful meals!