Monday, October 11, 2010

Viva Las Vegas

This was our 3rd trip to Vegas within the past 4 months or so. With each time attempting to dine at the famous Serendipity 3. This visit was actually intended for my mom's college reunion. Obviously, hubby and I didn't need to join in those festivities, so we opted to cruise the city with my siblings and decided to finally dine at this much awaited restaurant.

Reservations are not necessary, but definitely very helpful. So I made reservations a week in advance. We arrived at Serendipity 3 at Caesar's palace about half an hour early and was seated immediately, while other walk-in patrons had quite a wait. Since our reservations were for 11:30, we were still given the brunch menu. I didn't come to Serendipity for breakfast, so I ordered myself the hamburger with avocado, brie and grilled onions and a side of their sweet potato fries - highly recommended by fellow yelpers. My sister had the same plate.



One thing to note about this place is that they don't have a kids menu. So we had to order a regular sized meal for my daughter. And their regular sizes are HUGE. Enough for 2 people to share. So we all picked at my daughter's plate of chicken tenders with various dipping sauce. Her plate was quite yummy and she loved the fact that she got to dip her own chicken.

Having their huge portions, hubby felt like he was doing a Man Vs. Food challenge. He was only able to eat half of his omelet. He lost :)

My brother, on the other hand, devoured this massive French toast plate. He still craves it.

And finally, what we were all waiting for. The Frrrozen Hot Chocolate as featured in many food shows. This was the reason why we went to Serendipity.

Hubby, my daughter and I shared a Frrrozen Hot Chocolate for 2. My sister had a regular serving of the Frrrrozen White Chocolate while brother had a regular Double Frrrrozen Hot Chocolate. All were equally yummy. But I think I preferred the original. We still talk about our desserts until now. In fact, I'm craving it right now :)


No comments: