Monday, March 12, 2012

Chex Lemon Buddies


I recently discovered that my daughter loves Chex Mix. So at the store today, we decided to make some from scratch and bought Chex cereal. On the back of one of the cereal boxes were great recipes for different kinds of Chex snacks. One that caught my eye was the Chex Lemon Buddies, because I had some lemons, fresh my parents' tree. This snack reminds me of Monkey Munch that I used to make often. But this dish has a refreshing flavor from the lemon. Its a really great snack and my daughter really liked it.

9 cups Chex cereal
1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
4 tsp. grated lemon pee
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 cups powdered sugar

1) Pour cereal in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.

2) In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate chips, butter lemon peel and lemon juice on high for 1 minutes. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds or longer until mixture can be stirred smoothly. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour in a 2-gallon resealable plastic bag.

3) Add powdered sugar. Seal bag and gently shake until well coated. Spread over waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in an airtight container.

No comments: