Monday, January 11, 2010

Monkey Munch


A lot of people know that I was a HUGE Jon & Kate plus 8 fan up until its final episode a few months ago. But it was all I watched throughout my pregnancy with my daughter. Even more so when I was put on bed rest during my last month of pregnancy. I actually got this recipe from watching one those episodes. I made it all the time during my pregnancy, until I was put on bed rest. I haven't made it since then.

While searching for new recipes online, I came across a recipe for something called Puppy Chow. Its the same as my Monkey Munch recipe. I guess there were a lot of different names for this delicious, chocolatey snack. But no matter what name you call it, its always delicious.

9 cups corn Chex cereal
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

1) Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a large bowl. Melt in the microwave for 1 minute. Mix thoroughly. Microwave for another 30 seconds until mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla.

2) Pour cereal in the mixture and stir until well coated. Pour in a 2 gallon storage bag or container with a lid. Add powdered sugar and shake until well coated.

3) Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Spread mixture over the cookie sheet and cool for about an hour, until the chocolate has hardened. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.


No comments: