Monday, April 5, 2010

Turkey & Macaroni



I haven't cooked a thing for a week. We've been eating out for a week since hubby's spring break. Now that he's back in school again, I have to go back to my make-ahead/crockpot meals to get us through the day. But first, I had to run to the store to buy groceries for my empty fridge. Then after having lunch with the best friend for her birthday, I headed home with a plan of cooking something quick with my crockpot.

I bought a lot of ground turkey over the weekend, so I searched my crockpot cookbook for something to make for dinner and found this recipe. Making this was reminiscent of a burger. It smelled exactly like it. In fact, hubby and I actually said it tasted like the hamburger helper I used to make back in the day. lol. The pasta doesn't turn out as al dente as I'd like it to be. But the flavor is delicious.

1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 lb. ground turkey
2 cans (10.75 oz each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
2 cups uncooked macaroni
16 oz can whole corn kernels, drained
1/2 cup chopped onions
4 oz can sliced mushroom, drained
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 Tbsp. mustard
salt & pepper to taste

1) Heat oil in a skillet. Cook turkey until browned. Transfer cooked turkey to the slow cooker.

2) Add soup, macaroni, corn, onion, mushrooms, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper to slow cooker. Stir to blend

3) Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.


No comments: