Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pasta with Thai Peanut Sauce



I love the Thai Chicken Pasta at the Cheesecake Factory. When I first ordered it, I thought it would be something like Pad Thai, which I also love. But its definitely far from being Pad Thai. Its a pasta with a Thai peanut butter sauce. I came across this recipe from The Nest which I frequent often for cooking advice, toddler advice, or just browsing about anything that has to do with married life or life in general. Its where I got my ideas for our wedding almost 8 years ago.

The flavors of this dish was quite yummy. However, the consistency of the sauce was too thick, that it dried out pretty quickly. I like my Thai pasta to be pretty saucy. I may modify this recipe by lessening the peanut butter and adding some type of broth to make it more saucy.

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup light unsweetened coconut milk
3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed orange juice
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
a pinch ground cumin
a pinch ground allspice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 lb. spaghetti, cooked al dente and drained
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro for garnish

1) In a medium saucepan, whisk together peanut butter, coconut milk, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, orange juice, ground ginger, crushed red pepper, cumin, allspice, and salt until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for about 2 minutes. Add shrimp. Continue cooking until mixture begins to boil and shrimp has turned pink in color. Remove from heat. Toss in cooked spaghetti until it is well coated. Serve warm and garnish with chopped cilantro.

No comments: