My sister-in-law, Deby, brought some amazing cupcakes one day for my mother-in-law's birthday and I fell in love with the "Elvis cupcake." Its a banana cupcake with peanut butter frosting. I don't claim to be a good cake decorator, so the frosting on the cupcakes looks really elementary amateur. But hey, it'll be eaten anyway! Here is my version of the Elvis:
Banana cupcake3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup mashed bananas
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
2) Mix together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Set aside
3) In another bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add this mixture to to the creamed mixture. Add buttermilk and banans to the batter and beat together well.
4) With an ice cream scoop, scoop batter mixture to lined muffin tin. Bake in the oven for 28-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5) Completely cool and top with peanut butter frosting (recipe below)
Makes approximately 2 dozen cupcakes.
Peanut butter frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 Tbsp. milk (more if needed)
2 cups powdered sugar
1) Beat together the butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer.
2) Gradually mix in sugar. When it starts to get thick, add milk one tablespoon at a time. *If the mixture becomes too thick, add a little bit more milk to get the consistency you desire.
3) Spread over cooled cupcakes.
(cupcake and frosting recipe from Allrecipes.com)