Saturday, June 20, 2009

Penne with Basil and Sausage


I love using fresh basil on pasta dishes. So I ended up buying a bunch from our local Farmer's Market the other day and decided to use it for lunch today. I wanted to make something quick and easy so I wouldn't have to wash too many dishes. So I tossed a few ingredients together and came up with this dish. It only takes 6 ingredients and about half an hour.

1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups sliced Italian sausage
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/2 lb. cooked penne pasta
salt to taste

1) Heat oil in a sautee pan. Add garlic. Then add sausages. Cook until sausages are cooked through.

2) Stir in half of the chopped basil and cook for about a minute. Add the cooked pasta and cook for another minute. Add salt to taste. Toss in the remaining basil and serve.


No comments: