Friday, June 26, 2009

Stuffed burger


Its friday night (yay!!!) and I got home late because I had to put in an extra hour at work. Too lazy and too hot to really slave over a hot stove, so I decided to do a quick burger. Our bbq grill is totally out of commission, so I cooked this beautiful piece of work on my handy-dandy grill pan. I know this dish is probably not for the diet conscious, but once in a while we're allowed to cheat for the sake of convenience.

2 hamburger patties
shredded cheese (I used a mexican cheese blend)
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
salt and pepper to taste
sliced red onion
sliced tomatoes
lettuce
avocado slices
thousand island dressing
toasted hamburger bun

1) Season the hamburger patties with salt and pepper. Place a handful of cheese on top of one patty and place butter on top of cheese. Cover the cheese and butter with the other patty. Seal the edges well so that the cheese doesn't ooze out of the meat. Grill on each side for 5-8 minutes, until cooked to your liking.

2) On the toasted bun, place lettuce, cooked hamburger, thousand island dressing, tomato, onion and avocado slices. Serve with your favorite side dish.

No comments: