Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Chicken Kabobs


I love chicken kabobs. I especially love eating it with rice pilaf, tzatziki sauce and pita bread. I found this recipe from a monthly Costco magazine that I received in the mail probably 2 years ago. Its really easy. I used fresh oregano from my herb garden that has been growing wildly now. I still don't have an outdoor grill to cook in, so I used my grill pan and cooked the kabobs indoors for dinner tonight.

1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
zest of 1 lemon
4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
bamboo skewers, soaked in water overnight to prevent burning
salt and pepper to taste

1) Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes and lemon zest in a large bowl. Mix well. Add chicken and marinade for at least an hour.

2) Thread the chicken on skewers, making sure that there is space in between the pieces so that they cook evenly. Season chicken with a little salt and pepper.

3) Grill chicken on both sides until done, about 8 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sis, all your recipes look so good! i'd be happy to live with you any time :) i also admire your desire to cook, me? i like to cook but every time i think of the work involved, i bail! ha ha okay, i don't bail every time though i've bailed enough times i can't even remember!

Malikala said...

sure, sis! You can live with us any time, and I'd love to cook for you ;) I do love cooking, so I really don't mind the work involved. I try not cook recipes that keep me in the kitchen for longer than 30 minutes, though. I still have a daughter to look after.