Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Crockpot Beef Burgundy


I recently purchased a Crock pot cookbook which has over 500 recipes. So you know I'll be doing a lot of crockpot cooking. Especially now, since hubby has been out late for school.

This recipe reminds me of beef stroganoff, without the sour cream. It was pretty simple to assemble. I didn't have red wine in stock, so I substituted with white wine. I don't know how much of a difference the taste would've be, but it was still delicious.

1 1/2 lb. beef round steak or beef stew mat, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup red wine
1 small onion, chopped
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 Tbsp. minced garlic

1) Combine all incredients in slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until beef is tender. Serve over egg noodles.

No comments: