Friday, April 27, 2012

Lunch @ The American Girl Place Cafe

Its the day before my daughter's 4th birthday party and hubby and I had the day off to prepare for the festivities tomorrow. But we also wanted to spend the day with our precious baby girl. When I asked her where she wanted to go: Mountasia or The American Girl Place, she didn't think twice and said The American Girl Place. So I thought how much fun it would be for her if we also had lunch at their cafe.

To get to the cafe, we had to go through the store, which was a pretty difficult task when my daughter wanted to check out every piece of item in the store. Once we arrived at the pink and black dollhouse-themed cafe, we were seated. Our daughter's doll was also given a booster seat and tea to join in the meal. If your little didn't have a doll, the cafe has a huge selection of dolls they can lend you during the meal.

The meal begins with each guest having a warm cinnamon bun, followed by a plate of crudites (celery and carrot sticks, and pretzel). Then each guest gets to pick an entree from the menu. Hubby ordered himself a Tic-Tac-Toe Pizza. Isn't it cute?

                             

I ordered myself a Turkey burger.


And of course, the little Princess ordered a plate of buttered pasta.


To wash down the meal, we each had the signature Pink Lemonade. And for dessert, we were each served a pot of chocolate mousse, star-shaped sugar cookie, and a flower-shaped cupcake.


The food was quite pricey for what it was. An average meal. But you can't really put a price on the experience and joy you see from your daughter. That is priceless. I think it was a fun experience for all of us. I think we may have found ourselves a new tradition for her birthdays :)

No comments: