Saturday, November 14, 2009

Maybe as good as the taco truck?

During my never-ending pursuit for the Kogi Korean Taco truck, hubby and I discovered Galbi n Kimchi on our way one day to visit my mother-in-law in L.A. Its located in a dive of a strip mall, behind the Paramount studios. There hung a sign that said "Korean Tacos." I wonder if its just as good as the Kogi truck's? Well, it was worth a try, since I haven't been able to try Kogi's. Well, it tastes just as it sounds - Korean BBQ, wrapped in fresh corn tortilla, topped with cabbage, cilantro, and other vegetables that complimented the crunch of the cabbage. I don't know who came up with the idea of combining Korean and Mexican together, but it was pure GENIUS! I thought it sounded weird at first. And out of curiosity, I wanted to try it out, hence the pursuit for the Kogi truck. But since I haven't been able to catch up to the truck, I'm glad we found Galbi n Kimchi to see if it was even worth chasing down the truck. It was quite delicious. We ordered both pork and beef tacos. The pork was little spicy, and the beef was just right. But both were really good.

Today, was the Pacquiao vs. Cotto fight and we decided to go over my parents house to watch it, since they ordered it on pay-per-view. We siblings decided to order our own food to bring to the house. We decided to bring these Korean tacos:

They were quite the hit. And we even had some leftover to take home. I don't know how much longer I'm going to pursue the Kogi truck, but at least I know where I can get my Korean taco fix.

Oh yeah, and Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao won, by the way.

No comments: