Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mashed Potato Layer Bake


I found this recipe in Yahoo's food section. I know hubby loves potatoes, so I saved this recipe for a later use. I didn't know what to make for dinner tonight, so I just made my Albogindas soup and decided to make this as a side dish to try out. Hubby said it was pretty good, but it tasted a little too cheesy and made it more of a cheese bake than a potato bake. So I'll try to lessen the cheese the next time. I also cut this recipe in half tonight, since its only the 2 of us eating. This is definitely must make for our Thanksgiving functions.

4 large white potatoes, peeled, chopped and cooked
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped and cooked
8 oz. Chive & Onion Cream Cheese spread
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1) Preheat oven to 375 deg F. Place potatoes in separate bowls. Add half each of the cream cheese and sour cream to each bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mash with potato masher until creamy.

2) Stir in half of the parmesan cheese with the white potatoes. Stir in half of the cheddar cheese with the sweet potatoes.

3) Alternately layer half each of the white potato and sweet potato mixture in a clear glass dish/casserole. Repeat layers.

4) Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheeses on top and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheeses have melted


No comments: