Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Chicken Teriyaki

Stacy, a friend from work, always mentioned that she often makes Chicken Teriyaki for dinner whenever it was her turn to cook dinner. I asked her if she had a recipe that she uses, so that I could try it out. Unfortunately, she said she uses the bottled stuff. So I made it a mission of mine to find a good teriyaki recipe. Lo and behold, I found a really good one from my Hawaiian cookbook. Hubby really liked this one.

1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp. water
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 thin slice fresh ginger, crushed
3 stalks green onions, chopped
3-4 lbs. chicken pieces (I used drumettes)

1) In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the chicken. Place chicken in a baking pan and pour mixture over it. Marinade in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.

2) Preheat oven to 325 deg. F. Turn chicken over and place pan in the oven and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn the chicken once during the cooking process. Serve with steamed white rice.

No comments: