Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Szechwan Shrimp

This is the most simplest and yummiest shrimp dish I've ever made. I haven't made this dish in a while, so I thought to make it tonight since hubby's out at school and I needed something quick to whip up. I found this recipe a while ago from allrecipes.com and always make it whenever I need something quick to make for dinner. I always have the ingredients it calls for, so I make it pretty often.

4 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. honey
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (more if you like it spicy)
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 cup sliced green onions
4 cloves garlic, minced
12 ounces shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 Tbsp. oil

1) Combine water, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, red pepper, and ginger in a bowl. Set aside.

2) Heat oil in a large skillet or wok. Stir in green onions and garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and toss to coat with oil. Stir in sauce. cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and thickened.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I made this tonight - it was so good! I can't believe how quick and easy it was. I didn't even have to go to the grocery store - I had everything already in my pantry. My husband loved it too. He had two big servings:)
Thanks for the recipe. Pad Thai is next on my list . . .