Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Crockpot Moroccan Chicken


In a search for another good crockpot chicken recipe, I came across this one. It looked pretty simple, and I've always wanted to try Moroccan food whenever I came across a restaurant during work. I remember how good their food smelled, but never found anyone adventurous enough to try it with me. So I tried to make it at home, and let me tell you, it smelled just as good as I had imagined. And tastes even better. If you're in to the sweet and savory taste, this recipe is for you. Its real easy.

2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 lbs. chicken thighs and drumsticks
1 Tbsp. oil
1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
1/2 cup dried apricots
1/2 white wine
1/3 cup raisins
1 package onion soup mix
1 lemon, juiced

1) In a medium bowl, combine cumin, ginger and cinnamon. Add chicken and toss to coat. In a skillet, heat oil and brown chicken.

2) Place chicken in slow cooker pot. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Serve with couscous.






(recipe adapted from cdkitchen.com)


No comments: