Saturday, July 4, 2009

Hawaiian Iced Tea


.....to wash it all down....


Whenever my husband and I go to Hawaii, we always make it a point to bring back a few things: macadamia nuts, chocolate covered macadamia nuts, Dole pineapples, Li Hing mui (if you're from Hawaii, you'll know what this is), shortbread cookies, and a couple of 6-packs of Hawaiian Iced tea & POG (Passion, Orange Guava drink). To my surprise, I found a recipe for Hawaiian Iced tea in my Hawaiian cookbook. When I first made it for my husband, he was so nostalgic of Hawaii. So whenever I make this drink, we always reminisce of our times in the islands. I thought this drink was perfect for a summer holiday like today.......

3/4 gallon water
10 black tea bags
2 cups sugar
14 ounces pineapple juice
6 ounces lemon juice

1) In a large pot, boil 1/2 gallon of water. Steap tea bags in the hot water for 5 minutes.

2) Remove tea bags. Add sugar and juices while tea is still warm. Stir to dissolve sugar.

3) Pour into a gallon container and add the remaining water. Refrigerate. Serve with ice.


No comments: