Monday, July 27, 2009

Sopas (Filipino style chicken noodle soup)


Another thing my daughter likes to eat is sopas. Although its been too hot to be eating soup, I thought I'd make this today to get my daughter to eat more. She's been really low on her weight, so I needed to make foods that she likes to eat a lot of. This is great to eat during the cold winter. She ate pretty good at dinner tonight, so I think this was a success.

1 Tbsp. oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped cooked chicken
6 cups chicken broth
1/4 lb. small elbow or shell macaroni
1/2 cup milk
salt & pepper to taste

1) Heat oil in a stock pot on medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for about a minute. Add carrots and celery and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.

2) Add chicken, chicken broth and pasta. Cook until pasta is halfway down. Add salt & pepper to taste. Add milk. Continue cooking until pasta is completely done.

No comments: