Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Crockpot Turkey Chili


I've been wanting to make chili from my crockpot for a while now. I know chili is supposed to simmer in the pot for a long time and so I thought the crockpot would be perfect to use. There are close to 20 different chili recipes from my crockpot cookbook, but this one , for some reason, stood out most. The original recipe was called a Three-Bean Turkey Chili. But I'm not a huge fan of beans. So I omitted the garbanzo beans it asked for and replaced it with a cup of fresh corn kernels since I had an abundant supply of fresh corn from the supermarket.

It turned out real well. Not being a huge fan of beans, I was surprised at how easily I ate my bowl of chili. It was quite tasty with tortilla chips.

1 lb. lean ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can tomato soup concentrate
1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chiles
1 Tbsp. chili powder

1) Cook and stir turkey and onion in a skillet until turkey is no longer pink. Drain and discard fat. Place in crockpot.

2) Add remaining ingredients in crockpot. Mix well. Cook on high for 6-8 hours.



No comments: