Monday, May 17, 2010

Deceptively Delicious Buttered Pasta


Lately, my daughter has only been eating pasta, rice, and bread. If she won't eat what we're eating, I usually have to whip up a buttered pasta dish with parmesan. Just so she has something in her stomach. But I always feel bad that she's just pretty much eating empty calories. So I was so excited to see a healthy buttered pasta in my new Deceptively Delicious cookbook. I decided that this would be the recipe I'd start with out of this new cookbook.

Its super duper easy and quite good. Hubby and I liked it. And what was even more exciting was that my daughter liked it too. It was so exciting to know that my daughter actually ate veggies without even knowing it. The recipe called for butternut squash, but I had some frozen pureed pumpkin that I had leftover from the holidays that I needed to use up. The pumpkin added a slight sweetness to it, but you can't really tell that there was pumpkin in the dish.

8 oz elbow macaroni
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup pureed butternut squash (or pumpkin)

1) Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and return to warm pot.

2) Add milk, buter, parmesan cheese and butternut squash. Mix until well incorporated.

No comments: