Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day celebrations

Every year, we have 2 celebrations of Mother's day. Mother's day brunch/lunch is spent with my mom and immediately after that, we spend the afternoon with hubby's mom.

"Aloha" from Roy's Hawaiian fusion. It seems to be tradition for us to visit Roy's for Mother's Day, because last year, we visited another Roy's. Normally, Roy's is a "dinner only" type of establishment. But for occasions like Mother's day or Father's day, they always open for brunch to celebrate these type of special occasions. So this year, to celebrate my mom and I (since I'm now a mom ♥), we had brunch at Roy's.

I love eating at Roy's. Perhaps its because of their Hawaiian hospitality and the Aloha spirit in all the staff that reminds us of the islands. Or maybe I just love their food.
We first started with appetizers. My mom had French toast to start. My daughter had a yogurt and granola mix. The rest of us each had a plate of this sushi, Sunrise at Haleakala. It consisted of tuna, salmon and yellowtail with avocado and asparagus, then deep fried. What an awesome start.

For my meal, I ordered the Crab Cakes Benedict. yummy! The "hollandaise" sauce had a tad of a kick, but it definitely complimented the entire dish.

Hubby had the Braised short rib topped with poached egg. I was contemplating on ordering this or the crab cakes. But since hubby wanted to order this, I went for the crab cakes instead. This way, I can try both ;)

My daughter, the only keiki at the table, had this plate of french toast for her main course that she really liked. We all liked it too ;)

Our brunch meal also included dessert. Hubby had this Triple Chocolate cheesecake. It was quite rich for my taste. My daughter had a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of a cookie. (The picture of it is used as the first photo)

And I had this Pineapple upside down cake. Warm cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. A perfect end to an awesome meal.

Immediately after brunch, we headed off to my sister-in-law's place to celebrate hubby's side of mothers. They had a huge spread of food as well. Unfortunately, I was completely stuffed. But that doesn't mean we couldn't take home some of the food to eat later ;) I have my lunch set for tomorrow.



No comments: