Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fat Flush diet, Day 3 - Cod with spinach



Its day 3 of the Fat Flush diet and so far, I've lost a total of 5 pounds! I now weigh less than what I weighed before I was pregnant with my daughter. I can see it around my belly and love-handle areas too. And hubby lost 4 pounds so far. I'm actually impressed with what we've accomplished so far. Though I have to admit that I did cheat today, eating a few pieces of my daughter's biscuits/crackers. I couldn't help it. I was getting hunger pains, even after eating a whole nectarine. I hope that doesn't set me back too much.

For dinner tonight, I decided to make cod. One of my favorite white fishes. I usually love eating cod, but tonight, as expected, I was quite disappointed with the flavor. I thought that the fish would flavor itself, but I was wrong on this one. I'll still love my cod, but not prepared this way. I'll make this again during these 2 weeks though. I served this with a side of spinach cooked in low-sodium vegetable broth and minced garlic.

4 ounces cod (or any white fish)
2 Tbsp. low sodium vegetable broth
1/2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp. minced garlic

1) Combine broth, parsley and garlic in a small bowl. Brush on both sides of the fish. Cook in a pan on medium heat until done.

No comments: