Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fat Flush diet, Day 4 - Friendly Italian Wedding Soup


To date, I have lost a total of 6 pounds and hubby lost 7 pounds on this diet. I knew I was going to have to pay for the cheating I did yesterday because I only lost 1 pound since yesterday. But we're still progressing very well. My original goal was to lose anywhere between 5-8 pounds. But with the way things are going, my new goal is to weigh the same amount as I did right before I got married. I want to be able to fit in my engagement dress again. Wishful thinking? Maybe. But a goal is always good to have.

Tonight's dinner looked good on paper. It also looked really good once the dish was cooked. Hubby got really excited when he saw the bowl of soup because it actually looked edible. But I told him not to let the look deceive him. He should know better after the 4 days on this diet. The original recipe didn't call for tomatoes, but I decided to add some for color, and hopefully, flavor.

1 lb. ground turkey or lean ground beef
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. chopped parsley
1/4 cup minced onions
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
2 cups packed fresh spinach

1) Combine meat, garlic, parsley, and onions in a medium bowl. Roll into 1 inch balls. In a sautee pan, cook meatballs on medium heat until browned on all sides. Set aside.

2) In a stock pot, heat broth, carrots and tomato until it begins to boil, about 15 minutes. Add spinach and cooked meatballs. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes. Serves 4.


No comments: