Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fig and Prosciutto Pizza



Fig and Prosciutto???? Sounds pretty wild, huh? I first heard of this flavor combination on the food network and I was intrigued. I've always loved the sweet and savory combination of flavor. So I thought why not give it a try. I stopped by a local produce store during my lunch break today and they had the figs on sale. What perfect timing. I used goat cheese on this pizza, but I think I'll use brie next time. Its much milder than than the goat cheese, which I think overpowered the flavors of fig and prosciutto. Otherwise, this pizza was quite refreshing and really simple to make. Especially for an evening like today where I didn't really feel like cooking anything.

pre-made pizza dough
figs, sliced
prosciutto, shredded into small pieces
goat cheese (or any other mild cheese like brie, or even mozzarella)

1) Heat grill or oven to 400 degrees. Roll out dough to desired thickness. (**skip this part if using an oven) Place dough directly on grill. Heat for 2-3 minutes, until the dough begins to harden. Remove from heat.

2) Place toppings on dough (if pre-cooked on grill, place toppings on the cooked side) and return to heat until cheese have all melted. Serve.

No comments: