Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Fat Flush Diet



So hubby and I started this diet today called the Fat Flush Plan by Ann Louise Gittleman. Its basically the flushing of toxins from the body with eating lean meats, lots of green vegetables, fruits, drinking cranberry water, adding flaxseed meal and flaxseed oil, and no flavoring......which will all eventually help to lose weight in the next 2 weeks.

I ordered the book last week and studied the plan for a couple of days. Then this weekend, we bought all the foods and supplements we needed. This is not a cheap diet, to say the least. We spent $55 on supplements alone (ground flaxseed, flaxseed oil, sugar substitutes, dietary supplements, protein powder). Then we headed off to Costco to buy all the foods for the meal. That's another $100+. I sure hope this diet works.

The book gives a sample meal plan for the week, which includes various recipes for each meal. Today we started with an egg scramble with spinach and parsley. For lunch I made a beef stir fry with bok choy, sprouts, and mushrooms. For dinner, I sauteed some shrimp with garlic. All recipes looked great on paper, but tasted just as I expected.....bland. I didn't get a chance to photograph today's meals. I was too busy trying to figure out what I needed to prepare. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, so I think tomorrow's preparations will be better.

Its hard having to give up all the flavors I'm used to. But I keep telling myself "Its only for 2 weeks!" Friends from work have tried this diet and swear by it. So I'm hoping I'll be as successful as they had been. We'll see. Today is day 1. Will I be able to make it to Day 14??


No comments: