Friday, August 7, 2009

Girls night in

It wasn't really all girls. Since he's part owner of the house, hubby joined in on the fun. lol!

Its been a while since I got together with my old girlfriends from high school, so I arranged a get-together at our house for dinner tonight. I ordered kabobs and rice for dinner from my favorite take-out Kabob place, Superior Kabob. I also made a side dish of Tzatziki sauce (recipe to follow). Charity arrived with a green salad that I had requested her to bring. And Araceli soon came after, bringing a fruit tart from Porto's. One of my favorite bakeries. Unfortunately, Marina couldn't make it because she was getting ready to move into her new house tomorrow (yay! congrats marina!).

The kabobs and rice were a hit. Salad and fruit tart is always a plus too. I had a really fun time catching up with them and getting updates of what has been going on in our lives for the past 3 years. We're gonna have to do this more often. We always say that whenever we get together, but it never happens. So I'd settle for once every 3-6 months. Its great getting together around great food and great friends.

No comments: