Monday, August 10, 2009

Peanut Butter Ice cream

I was craving some type of Peanut Butter dessert one day and I came across this recipe. I've had this recipe for a while now and haven't really tried it yet. So I decided to make it today. It tasted pretty good, but I guess I lost that Peanut Butter craving. I'm sure it would've been awesome then. Hubby said it tasted pretty good and "very Peanut Buttery." I didn't have too much chocolate chips in hand, so I added all that I had left. Which wasn't much. I'm sure it would've been better if I had more chocolate in it.

3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
2 2/3 cups half & half
pinch of salt
1/3 tsp. vanilla
crushed peanut butter cups or chocolate chips

1) Puree peanut butter, sugar, half & half, salt, and vanilla in a blender until smooth. Chill mixture thoroughly.

2) Freeze mixture according to your ice cream maker's instructions. Once it has finished churning, Fold in peanut butter cups or chocolate chips. Pour in a container with a tight-fitting lid and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.

No comments: