Monday, August 17, 2009

Gooey Chocolate Brownie cookies

I've been in a chocolate fix lately and have been craving for a really good brownie. At the grocery store, I decided to pick up the ingredients to make brownies. I hadn't found a recipe yet, but I knew that the kind of brownie I wanted to make was the one where you melted the chocolate instead of using cocoa powder. So I bought the walnuts and semi-sweet chocolate chips. I thought I had the rest of the ingredients at home. So I searched for a good recipe and found Ina Garten's Outrageous Brownies. It called for a pound of butter that I didn't have. So I came across a Brownie cookie recipe on Allrecipes.com which looked pretty easy, and I had all the ingredients it asked for. I added a few more things to it to make it my own, and "Gooey Chocolate Brownie cookies" was born.

4 tablespoons butter
12 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
3 eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 cookie sheets.
2) In a double boiler or in a microwave, melt chocolate and butter and stir together. Set aside to cool.

3) In a large bowl, mix the eggs and sugar on high speed of an electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes. On low speed, add the melted chocolate mixture and vanilla while mixing.

4) Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; fold into the egg mixture with a large spoon. Stir in the nuts and white chocolate chips, and let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
5) Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies should spring back to touch. Cool cookies on a baking rack.


No comments: