Monday, March 21, 2011

Mongolian Beef



I'm craving another good Asian beef recipe for dinner tonight. Perfect to use up some of the sliced beef I bought at Costco over the weekend. Then I remembered that I had saved this Mongolian Beef recipe from What's Cookin' Chicago? for later use. It looked pretty simple to make and I love Mongolian Beef. I love how tender the beef always is when I eat Mongolian beef at local Chinese restaurants. This one came out pretty good. It almost tastes similar to my Beef Pepper Steak. I'm not quite sure if this is the Mongolian Beef I was looking for, but it was pretty close. I may continue looking for another Mongolian Beef recipe.

2 bunches of green onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 lb. lean beef, sliced thin
salt & pepper to taste
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. onion powder
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. oil
1 onion diced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce

1) Season sliced beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Sprinkle cornstarch over beef and toss to coat. Set aside.

2) Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until softened. Add meat and cook until browned. Stir in oyster sauce and soy sauce until well incorporated. Just before serving, add green onions and toss to coat. Serve with steamed rice.

No comments: