Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy 1st Blogeversary to me

I can't believe its already been a year since I first started this blog. The original intent of me starting this blog was to keep track of my recipes. But its now evolved into so many things - from my love of cooking and trying out and creating new recipes, to adventures in eating different foods, to my newfound love of food photography. I never knew how much I've taken for granted the beauty you find in food. Food is not merely something you smell, taste and eat, but also to see.

I can also say that hubby, daughter, a few of my family members and co-workers have enjoyed these adventures with me. Whenever I make something new, I split the final product between hubby/daughter, my family, and then co-workers. Its been quite rewarding watching them eat my dishes and watching the expression on their faces as they enjoy the food. My toughest critic really is my daughter, as she is quite picky with her food. Many of my recipes revolve around her and its a challenge to figure out if its something she'll eat. For the most part, however, she's been able to eat the food I make.

To commemorate my blogeversary (aka anniversary), I've listed a few of my favorite recipes and culinary adventures this past year. I hope those of you who do read my blog have enjoyed these adventures as much as I have and thank you for taking part in this blog.

Korean BBQ Short Rib
Crockpot Korean BBQ-style soup
Stuffed Burger
Crockpot Ropa Vieja
Albondigas
Hot Cocoa
Good Old Fashioned Pancakes
Pumpkin Cake roll
"The Elvis"
Gooey Chocolate Brownie cookies
Red Velvet Cake bon-bons
Watermelon Sherbet
Tiramisu
Ina Garten's Outrageous Brownies
Cake Batter ice cream
Peach Cobbler
Monkey Munch
Crockpot Chicken Tortilla soup
Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo with Andoullie sausage
Cioppino
Chicken Tikka Masala
Vegetarian Samosas
Crockpot Chile Verde
Basil Pesto Pasta
Pasta Bolognese
Argentinian Chimichurri sauce
Creamed Corn
California Club pizza

No comments: